4.4.09

..and his world is cracked in half

I am glad this week is nearly over.
Really, really.

Some things were good. We ate really well this week, lots of fruit and vegi.
But some things were painful, and I'm using this to write it all out here. I need to put all these swirling bits down somewhere.
I want to pre-empt this all by saying I am in a pretty pleasant mood today, we both are. Aside from weird pinchy nerve in my neck bit.
That can just go away now please.
edit: and wouldn't you know. as soon as I finished writing this, it vanished. poof!
~~~~~~~~~~

Usually our weeks go something like, Cristy is an emotional [rip] tide, Taylor is my buoy.
But this week, this week Taylor got another piece of his heart broken by his family, again.

It was terrible to watch. I was watching it happen in slow motion playback, I was trapped in a dream and could not make my body move quick enough to stop it all from happening. I watched it travel from his brain, to his face, to finally, his heart.
I immediately try to soothe, "Maybe, it was a mistake, maybe he didn't realize, maybe maybe maybe" While I am saying all this, I watch his face harden and crumble at the same time. "Does this mean he never even reads what I write to him, all the things I send to him. Does this mean he doesn't look at any of it?"

What do you do when someones heart is breaking in front of you?

You can say whatever you want about families. But we all want our parents to love us, and we all want to talk to our brothers and sisters. That connection and relationship, that feeling of belonging, somewhere, is important.
How do you tell him that, maybe, maybe he should take a break from it all. Maybe he shouldn't talk to them for awhile.
That he needs protect himself and his heart.
He's already forgiven one brother, his brother who should be in prison for what he did to him, to my Taylor. I don't even know how he did. How do you forgive someone who nearly beat you to death?
Even more, how do you forgive a family who did nothing about it?
Who shrugged their shoulders and said, "He's just out of control"

They have all been given a lot of chances.
So yes, I want Taylor to not talk to them for awhile.

The family of 'geniuses'
I don't care how brilliant and intellectual they all are.
Because they did something very foolish.

They threw their baby out with the bathwater.

0 comments: